Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentines Day

There was a story of a couple who'd been dating for five years. 
One cool Valentine morning, the guy drove the girl to work. 

Then she gently held his hand and told him, 
“I had a strange dream last night. 
You gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's Day. 
What do you think it means?” 

He smiled and with a twinkle in his eyes he tenderly replied, 
“You'll know tonight,” 

That evening, they went out for dinner. 
And before the night ended, the guy was starry-eyed when he lovingly handed his gift to her. Delighted, she slowly untied the red ribbon, careful not tear what looked like an expensive wrapper. 

By the time she saw the wooden box engraved with words that said, 
“Especially for You,” tears begin to roll down her soft cheeks. 
She was choking with emotion and said, 
'Oh darling, you didn't have to.” 

Teary-eyed, he adoringly replied,
“Open it.” 
Inside it was a book entitled “The Meaning of Dreams.”

Valentine's is for love, not just for lovers. 
I spent the day at home. 
It was like any other Saturday expect for my two sisters giving my mama and papa flowers. 
My father said, it was better to buy kilos of rice than the flowers. 

Of course, being a super hero brother, 
I reasoned out with my sisters that they needed tokens of appreciation like a bouquet of flowers.

I may have already settled with the joy that comes with the simplicity of being unattached. 
Happiness is not based on circumstance by rather on choice. 
Being single is also a blessing. 

I come to think of it, a person needs to be happy with who he or 
she is on the inside for him or her to be happy in a long-term relationship. 
One has to create stability in his or her life before one can share it with some else.

You are booked for greatness,

Chrislann Lodovice-Catuburan

Adapted from SinglesTalk by Darwin John Moises and Michelle Palmares with a bit of Chrislann Lodovice-Catuburan's experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment