Saturday, December 27, 2014

If This is Love, I Do Not Want It!

From the Movie: The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies
I and my sister had just watched the The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies

One of my take away lines was this, 

If this is love, I do not want it! 
Take it away from me, please…Why does it hurt so much? 
Those were words of Tauriel (Tauriel is a lady elf who was crying over the death of her beloved dwarf.)


Then some someone responded to her, 

Because it was real….

This maybe romantic love but for me the lines go beyond.
I like to relate this to the people I love. 

I love my family. I hope you too. 

And loving them is not easy. For one thing -- financially. Ouch!
I am speaking not only of myself to present myself as someone -- good and generous. 
But to me, I feel a lot of Filipino Children are in a similar shoe.
I know a number of my relatives and office-mates who may even be far hurting that I am in terms of loving their kin whether it be financial or what.  

Whether this is a Filipino Culture of Being Dependence that needed to be address is beside the point

This brings me to a throwback feeling. I felt angry towards myself -- not being not able to understand -- the why -- the need to support and even angry towards my parents at times. (I know this may not be good to my loving parents who have brought me to this earth - I confess.) 

The though of, "Isn't that the responsibility of my parents...? 
Plus the guilt of not having an option, 
"Ay, sino-sino pa ba ang mag-tutulongan?" 
(Who else will be helping us, your family, wouldn't that be you?)

Indeed!
 if this is (the way) to love, I do not want it!
Take it away from me, please…Why does it hurt so much? 

The response came simply...

Because it was real….

I feel consoled hearing this line from the movie -- Because it was real…
After all my anger, frustration and even bitterness. 
Whether I had tried to love or just contributed out of blind obedience to my family.

If it does hurt so much 
then 
it is real... love
I hope so.


You are booked for greatness, 

Chrislann Lodovice Catuburan


No comments:

Post a Comment