Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's Time to Move

For the last two weeks, I fell into depression. My heart was broken and I felt so sad. I just wanted to sleep the whole day. I dreaded waking up for it meant feeling the pain in my heart.

Sleep became a form of escape for me. I didn't want to eat and I became very sickly.

I know it was alright to feel down when one is grieving. But at some point, prolonged sadness must end because it is unhealthy and kills ones spirit. I realized that I needed to help myself. I opened my heart to God's healing love and picked myself up by finding joy in the simple things again. Like eating and playing football.

As I began to enjoy eating, it gave me strength to face each day. Moving playing helped too. I needed to sweat out.

Helping your body become strong again through proper nutrition and exercise will help you overcome blues. Along with community prayers, they helped me move on and keep on


You are booked for greatness,

Chris Lodovice

*Adapted from Didache 2015 readings

No comments:

Post a Comment